W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please relate to the errata with this document, that might consist of corrections that are normative.
This document normally obtainable in non-normative formats, available from Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility instructions 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 ® that is w3CMIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, document and trademark usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a range that is wide of in making site content more accessible. After these recommendations is likely to make content available to a wider array of people who have disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual restrictions, restricted motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations among these. Following these instructions also often create your online content more usable to users as a whole.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements that aren’t technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, along with basic information regarding interpreting the success criteria, is provided in documents that are separate. See site content Accessibility tips (WCAG) Overview for the introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that has been posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Even though it is possible to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that new and updated content use WCAG 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that online accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This area defines the status with this document during the right time of its publication. Other papers may supersede this document. A listing of current W3C magazines while the latest modification with this technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is actually the content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the necessary hyperlink net information Accessibility recommendations Working Group.
This document is evaluated by W3C Members, by computer pc pc software designers, and also by other groups that are w3C interested events, and it is endorsed by the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It’s a stable document and works extremely well as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part for making the advice would be to draw focus on the specification and also to promote its widespread implementation. This improves the functionality and interoperability for the online.
WCAG 2.0 is supported by the connected non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and processes for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers don’t have the formal status that WCAG 2.0 it self has, they supply information crucial that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any reviews be manufactured utilizing the provided comment form that is online. Should this be extremely hard, responses can be sent to also email@example.com. The archives when it comes to general public commentary list are publicly available. Commentary received in the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications to the type of the principles, but might be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not intend to make formal reactions to feedback. Archives associated with the WCAG WG email list conversations are publicly available, and work that is future because of the Working Group may address remarks gotten about this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C online Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives for the WCAG performing Group are talked about when you look at the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component associated with the WAI Technical Activity.
This document ended up being generated by a team running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a list that is public of patent disclosures produced in connection using the deliverables regarding the team; that web web page comes with directions for disclosing a patent. A person who has knowledge that is actual of patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the data prior to area 6 associated with the W3C Patent Policy.
Dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Recommendations
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text options for any non-text content in order that it could be turned into other designs individuals need, such as for instance big print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer choices for time-based news.
- 1.3 content that is create are presented in numerous methods (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from back ground.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from the keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users the time to read and make use of content.
- 2.3 usually do not design content in a real means that is recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 Provide techniques to assist users navigate, find content, and discover where these are typically.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content understandable and readable.
- 3.2 Make webpages look and run in predictable methods.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future individual agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Demands
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – 3rd Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Sources